Monday, July 16, 2007

The Return of the Skurn

1. Had a great weekend in Michigan last weekend...live band, good beer, great friends, 80 degrees and sunny, pool in the backyard, gotta love it.

2. Three of my friends leave tomorrow for the Mongol Rally. Basically it's a race for charity from London to Mongolia in a 1 litre car. They have a 17 year old VW Polo with 99,000 miles...10,000 miles, 7 mountain ranges and 3 deserts...I'd be there in a heartbeat if I could get time away from the Man. Check out their website: www.teammta.org and pray for them.

3. Verlander plunked Ichiro yesterday with a fastball, which caused Skurny Sr. and I to immediately howl an "Ooowwwwww" loud enough for Mama Skurny to come running into the room thinking that the ceiling had collapsed on us. Ok, so this all happened but it was really just an excuse to use the Verlander Label again.

4. Anyone else been following this story at Eastern Michigan? So the girl is from Hastings, which is near my hometown in Michigan and EMU is THE SCHOOL JNICHO GRADUATED FROM (I'm hesitant to use "Alma Mater" because I don't feel like listening to Dropout AWM bitch about it and link to seven dictionary sites disputing the use of the term). Either way, this guy is a dickhead and should be prosecuted if he covered anything up.

No comments: