Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Quick Movie Update

So I've watched a few movies lately but I won't get into too much detail because I'm in the process of moving all my shit.

In the theater -

30 Days of Night. Not a bad horror flick. This gets extra points from me by not selling out and getting the typical PG-13 rating for $$$ from the kiddies. On the other hand it uses every bit of it's "R" rating. It's a movie about vampires but it's much different than what we've seen in the past. These vampires are much more sadistic and almost remind you of zombie vampires.

DVD -

Blades of Glory. I assumed this would suck but it firmly reminded me of why I love Will Ferrell. If you like gay and stupid, rent this. I must now jerk off to the Old School poster I keep under my bed.

Mr. Brooks. This is the Costner flick where he plays the nice guy dad during the day and the serial killer by night. Perfectly creepy and the twists (though not too much) kept making it better. I was very pleasantly surprised and is absolutely worth buying. I highly recommend this.

I also rented a low budget movie by the name of Hard Candy the other day. If you guys can stomach a movie based on torture (to say the very least) and pedophilia, rent this from Red Box for $1 (I did, that's how I roll). But I do want to warn you that it is pretty disturbing even for me. The whole time I was thinking that it would be much more bearable if I knew that the girl was really 18 but she was obviously 14, tops.

Reign Over Me. It was actually pretty good but quite depressing. As I'm sure you know, it's about a guy who lost it because his family was killed in 911. A definite tear jerker. Major gripe - I like the fact that Sandler is playing serious roles also but I wish the guy could differentiate his characters. I can't help but think of Billy Madison when watching his movies because he can't change certain expressions or his tone of voice.

After watching Reign Over Me, I popped in We Are Marshal. The true story of the football team that perished in a plane crash and the movie shows them rebuilding the team. I think this was a little overrated but it's worth watching. Needless to say, it was a slightly depressing night.

3 comments:

J.ust O.ver B.roke said...

In regards to Hard Candy if you're talking about it being more bearable if the girl was 18 in real life, rest assured she was. It's the same girl that played Kitty Pryde in the last (and horrible X-Men movie.) She's 20 now...

AngryWhiteMan said...

That movie sucked balls. I didn't realize that was the same girl.

It added a very dirty feeling when watching it so to be honest, I don't think I would have liked it as much if I had known she was actually 20. Wait, that didn't come out right.

J.ust O.ver B.roke said...

Mr. Brooks was good though ...