Monday, February 26, 2007

Live From Roanoke, VA!

1) Skurny may complain about Allentown being the asshole of America, and he may very well be onto something. 15 years ago, my family was all set to move there, but decided against it at the last minute. 3 years later we ended up in Roanoke. I'm not 100% sold on the place...but along with being the hometown of athletes such as Tiki and Ronde Barber, J.J. Redick and Lee Suggs, they do boast some of the dirtiest meterologists in the country. That has to count for something...

2) Can anyone tell me if I have any chance of flying back in Wednesday afternoon? Or will there be like 10 feet of snow...

3) Check out my parents' business venture! A bed & breakfast...in Sri Lanka!

4) Looks like Studio 60 may be nearing death...it went on hiatus a week earlier than planned, in order for The Black Donnelly's to premiere...which AWM avoided, I'm sure, due to its title suggesting its about black people...rather than what it actually was, a fairly decent organized crime drama that attempted to cram as many stereotypes as possible into a one hour slot. But its written by Paul Haggis, so everyone will be afraid to give it a bad review. I will say this, however...Olivia Wilde is the shit, and she's gone wayyy too long without work. You may remember her as Marissa's lesbian crush on the second season of The O.C. Ok, I may remember her from that...but still, are we beginning to understand why I've seen every episode of that show?? I hope so...

No comments: