Friday, February 16, 2007

Serenity Now! -- by J.O.B.

1) Our company has obviously decided to skip heating the office today. I just blew my nose and my snot turned to icicles before it hit the tissue. We're not working outdoor construction here. This is a multi-billion dollar company and yet the front desk chick just built a snowman in the lobby.

2) Car companies are vaginas. GM, under heavy pressure from advocacy groups (some guy named "Ned" called and cried about his bridge jumping son,) pulled their "robot suicide" commercials. Volkswagen, who has a commercial where a guy is about to commit suicide before finding out that VW has 3 cars under $17,000, also pulled their spot. I don't get it - how many cars can someone who has committed suicide buy? Is there a large market for former suicide attempters in the car business? Dumb.

3) Traffic sucked too bad to get to the tax lady yesterday. I'm expecting a pretty large sum back this year (yay, business ownership,) since last year's return ate up the last of my school loan debt. I need to get this done a.s.a.p.

4) To see Ghost Rider or not to see Ghost Rider, that is the question. A vehicle for Nic Cage makes me want to say "no," but Eva Mendes makes me want to say "yes." Does Sam Elliott wear a cowboy hat in the movie? Yes? Screw it, count me in.

No comments: