Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday Edition -- by J.O.B.

Had to get on here and throw down some goals since I've been MIA the last few days.

1) Got a taste of what it would be like if I had to do the single parent thing this weekend. Holy s**t! Mrs. J.O.B. was helping her sister re-buy basically everything in her house because of a fire there last year, so I was mostly on my own with lil' J.O.B. for most of the day Saturday and today. I can't say that being the bacon earner is the easier of the two professions, but at least I can lose focus at work and not worry about it totally screwing up something of priceless importance to me. Saturday at the mall in the play area with a bunch of future delinquents, er, leaders of the free world running around and me, chasing around my 14-month old?!?! Hectic.

2) The reward was an evening out with the boys last night. Celebrated a friends birthday in the city with a few pals and some naval captain named Morgan. Fortunately, this Morgan character and I didn't get overly acquainted.

3) Remember how hot I was to see Smokin' Aces? Well, I never did and it comes out on DVD Tuesday. Can't wait - I think it's probably better than it was given credit for.

4) Today is tax day for most people. I spent years driving to the downtown post office at 11:57 on the 15th of April, mostly because I knew that student loans were going to eat up my return anyway. Not only did I file early this year, knowing that I would get a decent return, I actually got a letter from the IRS telling me I messed up and they are sending me more money. You can hate me now.

No comments: