Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bug

First of all, this movie isn’t for everybody. You could call it an artsy film but I don’t know if I’d go that far. And please, please don’t go to it thinking it’s a thriller like it was marketed as. If anything, it’s a psychological thriller. Friedkin actually refers to it as a dark comedy and it definitely fits that genre if that’s possible. If you are the type of person that needs things spelled out for you, don’t see this – stick to Spiderman 3.

It’s sad that Oscars are given out by old fucks whose penises have shriveled up and fell off years ago. The acting by Ashley Judd and Michael Shannon is absolutely superb with Harry Conick Jr. doing an excellent job in his supporting role. If people “get it,” don’t be surprised if Judd is nominated for an Oscar but imo, Shannon was better. It was a nice surprise considering I was expected to see the typical summer horror flick with little substance. Wow, I was wrong.

I hate giving stuff away about any movie but three words to describe it would be: drugs, paranoia, conspiracy.

Don’t be surprised if people walk out midway through the movie or if people are laughing hysterically (most likely because they don’t understand the Director’s intentions).

I would really like to know what some of you thought of this movie. I would never recommend it to anyone in the group because I’m still not 100% sure on what type of movies you guys like and even if I did know, this movie would still be hard to recommend. (Bobby, I’m pretty sure you would like this.) If you want something truly different, check this out.

Also, Ashley Judd looks horrid in this movie so don’t expect anything along those lines. That’s good though because it might help her chances at getting a little more recognition for this movie which she definitely deserves.

No comments: