Friday, May 4, 2007

Downs And Ups -- by J.O.B.

1) Had every intention of showing up at Goose Thursday and even had a buddy coming. Got stuck with the Blue Bomber as Mrs. J.O.B. had the newer car. First I hit the wrong window button and the passenger window got stuck in the down position. I would have lived with that, but when I went to stash all my stuff in the trunk, the key got stock. "I am Jack's complete lack of surprise."

2) Fortunately my buddy Slange has a car and drove to the burbs to pick me up, because Mrs. J.O.B. was way out in boo-foo. Slange successfully lifted my spirits by motoring us to the local VFW, where we played Golden Tee 07 till movie time. I'm officialy registered for GT4 and pretty consistently shoot between 4 over and 4 under.

3) Saw Spider-Man 3 at the midnight showing. Full review coming next.

4) Today was the topper: Slange calls and asks if I could be anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would I want to be. I said, "I dunno, at the Bulls-Pistons opener in Detroit." He responds, "Done. We're going." Turns out our business partners have a suite at The Palace. Seriously, there is no better way for me to spend this Saturday.

5) Only the Polish would plan their Polish Day parade on the same day as Cinco de Mayo.

6) Happy Birthday, Skurny. If 30 is the new 20, maybe 25 is the new 15.

No comments: