Tuesday, July 3, 2007

More Than Meets The Eye -- By J.O.B.

1) I got up this morning ready to invite AWM to politely get his teeth knocked in if he didn't like Transformers. Thank goodness he posted before I did. While no one will claim this is the best movie ever made, for me (that means in my personal rankings) it is my favorite movie of all time. Are there movies with better dialog? Yes. Better premises for a story? Yes. Better acting? Probably (although the skill it takes to act with robots that aren't actually there is pretty high.) But I will go on record as saying there is no better action movie ever made to date, period end of story. The writing was surprisingly entertaining and Bay once again uses every dollar to put action on-screen. I was so happy I'm going into work late just because I'm sitting here writing this.

2) If you drive to see this movie, be wary when you leave. The driving scenes in this movie lead to me being quite the daredevil on the drive home.

3) I've officially decided that my left shoulder must be tatted up with more Transformer symbolism. Until last night, I always quietly wondered if I would ever feel silly for having the Autobot tattoo on my right arm. Now, I don't understand why I don't have more Transformer references.

4) While Megan Fox is uber-hot and we can debate her sanity in real life all day (thanks to her awkward choice of tattoo and tattoo placement,) Rachael Taylor is equally fetching. I think I actually caught myself drooling in a chopper scene that had both of them. I know my head nearly exploded. All hail hot chicks.

If you don't go see this movie this week, you betray your youth and should be cast into the fiery pits of hell.

No comments: