Tuesday, July 3, 2007

It Was Like Finding Jesus

I will not describe anything that happens in Transformers but I’d like you to know my take on it. If you are afraid of people talking this movie up and getting your expectations too high, don’t read this. I’m just being honest but personally hate when I go into a movie with unrealistic expectations so I’m giving you fair warning.

I would like to start by saying that I am not bias towards the Transformers - I was more of a He-Man and GI Joe fan.

I went to this movie expecting it to be lackluster. With the amount crap that’s been pushed onto us this summer, I couldn’t expect anything else. I experienced the exact opposite. It was a perfect mix of action, story, kiddy shit and (adult) humor. The humor. Wow, they hit that on the head. They could have pulled off anything which is one of the true beauties of this film. The cars were fucking amazing. You don’t have to be a gear head to truly appreciate them. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a movie that kept me on the edge of my seat. Not because I was scared or wanted to know what happened next but because of schreur entertainment. I felt kind of odd in the beginning but I quickly got used to sitting in my seat cheesing like a little kid and didn’t care who saw me.

Did I mention hot chicks? Eh, call me gay but I didn’t really care for the chicks. Don’t get me wrong, they were obviously hot but this is one area that could have been better. I do have an issue with another role in this movie (I’ll keep that to myself) but other than that, that casting was perfect.

Have you ever been to a movie and thought that it had good action scenes but when you left you realized that there might not have been enough? I look at some of my favorite action movies of all-time and realize there are only two major fight scenes. Or maybe one scene was quite a bit better than the other? This movie keeps on topping itself. Think of the best CGI you’ve seen. It doesn’t compare to this.

Folks, this is what the experience of a theatre is all about. It had nothing to do with the masses of hysterical people. I was in my own world. It truly captivated the audience making us want more and it delivered. We didn’t leave the theatre feeling unfulfilled or questioning the ending. I can’t honestly remember the last time I went to a movie and it ended with a standing ovation. And this just wasn’t any standing ovation; the whole theatre was on their feet and clapping very loudly and shouting in approval.

No comments: