Sunday, September 23, 2007

Long overdue update...

Its been...two weeks? So I think I'm long overdue for an update. And life has certainly changed in the past couple of weeks...

1) I start a new job tomorrow. That's right, I no longer will be recruiting. But lets just say that two goals members are once again coworkers. No, I won't be bartending with AWM...but I suppose its possible that one day me and Skurny will be destroying a motel room in Omaha.

2) Right now I'm hopped up on pain pills and sitting on my couch with a leg in a brace. The unfortunate result of a debilitating Kickball injury. Yes you read that correctly. Kickball. I've played hockey and baseball since I could walk, yet my worst sports injury to date occurred yesterday afternoon at Grant Park, sliding into third base I suffered a severe laceration just below my left knee (dislocating my kneecap in the process). 14 stitches later, I'm balled up on my couch and can't walk. I can't wait to be affixed with some nickname tomorrow on my first day of work...one that will likely stick with me for years.

3) Umm...go Browns??? I was at the game last week in Cleveland. One of the best days of my life I can honestly say. Reminds me of how much I love sports

4) Before tearing up the knee yesterday, I got to meet Ryne Sandberg. Good guy. Hasn't aged a bit. I have to say I was a little upset he didn't pay a visit to the emergency room, seeing as it was his charity organization that put together the all day kickball tournament. Oh well.

7 comments:

AngryWhiteMan said...

Ryne Sandburg? hmmm... never heard of him. Oh yeah, weird shit... My dad's cousin married Jim Sundberg. Besides him, the cubs and all who have played for them can burn in hell.

jnicho5 said...

So will you be travilling as much as Skurny?

AngryWhiteMan said...

Oh jesus...Good point. That sucks balls!! HAHAHA Welcome to the life of a nomad. You fucking loser!

Mark said...

I won't be traveling anywhere near as much as Skurn...he's in a completely different department, actually.

And the life of a nomad makes one a loser? And here I thought simply being unemployed would make one a loser

J.ust O.ver B.roke said...

You forgot - AWM hates traveling anywhere outside of a five mile radius on his own ...

AngryWhiteMan said...

One word - Schaumburg. Nowhere else exists.

Yes, I am technically unemployed. This is the happiest I've been since I left college :-)

Skurny said...

graduated college? or did you QUIT that too?