Monday, March 12, 2007

Best Time of the Year Goals

1. I saw 300 this weekend as well. It was really, really good and I think everyone on the blog will agree. I had a few issues with it, but I'll spare everyone until they see it for themselves.

2. I'm already in5 pools between office and friends. As everyone knows, this is my "busy time of year" and the homework continues. I've won 3 out of my last 4 years, last year I cleaned up by winning over $600.

3. Finally saw The Prestige this weekend as well. My friend "Gumby", who is a semi-famous magician and has had numerous tricks published, assures me the film is 100% historically accurate, which is impressive.

4. Early teams to look out for in this year's Tourney (not including 1-3 seeds):
-Maryland
-Marquette
-Nevada
-Arkansas
-UNLV
Beware.

3 days til Chicago

2 comments:

J.ust O.ver B.roke said...

I need you to e-mail me your picks - I must win some dough this year!

Also, I didn't know Prestige was based on a true story

Skurny said...

I will email them to you when completed.

The Prestige isn't based on a true story but the acts and tricks are absolutely true to the era. If these two guys would have lived back then, they would have been two of the best magicians in the world. For a period piece, it's remarkably accurate.