Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What Can Brown Do For You?

1) Anyone remember Cheryl who used to work at AIU? She was one of the 6 pregnant women on Becker's team. Well I just landed her sister an interview on Friday that looks very much like my first placement. I won't make much of anything off it, but its awfully nice to have that "wow I made a difference today" feeling when you go home from work. See? Money aint everything. Besides, I've got two database administrators going for second interviews for two positions downtown next week...if they are both hired, that'll pay for a lotta meat logs this summer....

2) In case you haven't heard, our former Student Manager stepped down this week, citing irreconcileable differences with her boss. She's now a plain ol' admissions advisor, and she couldn't be happier. Angry Whitey now has to deal with a new SM who will probably not stand for his aloof passivity. Good luck AWM!

3) Jesus Nicho, you drank the punch bad. You're like the Jill of your company. You think you were just performing a harmless imitation, but what you don't know is that you've literally turned into your former boss...right down to the annoying voice and the dramatic weight gain.

4) Had my fantasy baseball draft last night. 22 rounds and 4 and half hours. I told a girl I work with that I couldn't think of a better way to spend an evening. She laughed like it was an attempt at being ironic (I don't think my coworkers know me very well yet). The highlights of the draft: Me getting Daisuke Matsuzaka (in the 4th round) because everyone forgot about him, me drafting not one, but TWO Devil Rays (plus a Royal) and of course, me taking both Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens for two of my last three picks. Other highlights: someone pointing out that I drafted two guys named "B.J." (Ryan and Upton), the dude who constantly reminded whoever was picking that, "Cory Patterson was still on the board," the guy who drafted Xavier Nady because he "knew him from high school." Another word to the wise when holding a fantasy draft: never trust someone to pick for you. An absentee team owner essentially ended up with the over-35 all-stars: Luis Gonzales, Gary Sheffield, Mike Mussina, Jason Giambi just to name a few (though that team would certainly suffice for the 1993 all-star team).

Bonus: I'm actually sitting through the movie "13 Going on 30" right now. Two thoughts: this premise seems vaguely familiar, and I'm fairly certain that Liz Phair's "Why Can't I?" was in every romantic comedy released in 2004 (upon further research, I was close...)

No comments: