Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My Humps, My Humps -- by J.O.B.

1) Seriously, people were out mowing their lawn yesterday. Today? The Cubs get postponed because of snow. Chicago is the best! Actually on a baseball note, I believe that exactly half the teams in the league either play in climate friendly or climate controlled stadiums. Why to the Cubs play 14 games at Wrigley in April?

2) Okay, here is who Grindhouse is for (and I'll hate myself for saying this, but) - people who "get it." You had to either have been around in the early-mid seventies to see movies like these the first time or picked up and watched these kinds of movies sometime since or at least be familiar enough with the genre to get the point. Personally, I loved it. Like AWM said (am I really quoting AWM?) they did a great job of capturing the 70's style exploitation film in nearly every sense. I agree that Rodriguez film appealed to me more than Q's did, which is tough for me as I'm a big Tarantino fan, but Planet Terror definitely outdid Death Proof. Eli Roth should really do "Thanksgiving" and if you don't know what I'm talking about, YouTube probably can help you.

3) Hey New York Knicks! Just because you decide you don't want to play hard anymore, or that night, or ever, don't get mad that you're getting blown out of the building by the Bulls bench. The Bulls attempted to do something for the fans and you took it personally. Here I'll get you a tissue ... after I wipe my anus with it.

4) Lost in all the heat about Don Imus remarks about the girls on the Rutgers basketball team, and the ensuing storm of feces, are the comments he made about the Lady Vols of Tennessee right after the "nappy-headed hoes" line. Imus actually spoke glowingly about the Lady Vols in contrast to his opinion to the Lady Scarlet Knights, or Scarlet Knightesses, or Scarlet Johannsons or whatever. The point is this, if the guy was racist and sexist, he would have spoke of both teams with those terms. The Lady Vols have Black female athletes as well, but Imus didn't refer to them as "nappy-headed" or "hoes." Aside from the fact that it was a harmless joke, how can someone find basis for an issue here?

No comments: